Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Pacing Myself

My work days were between nine and ten hours long, and I rarely had the energy to tackle my every-growing 'To Do' and 'Want To Do' lists.  With that time freed up, I felt compelled to start filling it with all of those things and more.  However, cramming in tasks each day is not how I am going to find balance in my life, so I implemented a system where I outline six things I would like to focus on each day.  Most of them are the non-negotiable routine tasks, but I do try to add one task away from home and another which within or related to our home.

Yesterday's were pretty basic since I am still building a daily routine:

  1. Exercise (daily)
  2. Meditate (daily)
  3. Take Blood Pressure (daily)
  4. Close Joint Checking Account at Bank
  5. List One Item on eBay
  6. Start Sprouting

The last one was the fun one!  I love to eat sprouts on sandwiches and in salads, but they are either very hard to find at the store or are VERY expensive and expire quickly.  So I bought myself a gadget last Christmas to grow them at home and, of course, it has sat in my kitchen cabinet until now. You can click on the picture below to read all about it.

Yesterday, I took it (and the broccoli seeds I bought to use in it) out of the cabinet, read the instructions, watched a quick video, and got to making my first batch of sprouts.  It took all of two minutes to start them soaking, and they should be ready to eat in about 2 days!  The hardest part of the whole thing is remembering to rinse the seeds every twelve hours, so I have a repeating alarm set on my phone to remind me at 8:00 am and 8:00 pm.  I'm not sure why I waited so long... it just seemed so daunting to try to start... but all I needed was ten minutes to orient myself and get it all started.  I noticed that some of the seeds have already started to show teeny tiny sprouts this afternoon, so I am on my way and will post some photos when they are ready.


I'm off to finish my last task for today, which is another adventure in the kitchen,  More on that tomorrow!



Please Note: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.  I appreciate your support if you choose to purchase an item I have linked in my posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pita Pita Pita

As I alluded to in yesterday's post, I had some fun in the kitchen last night and made something from scratch that I always wanted to tr...