Thursday, April 7, 2022

Pita Pita Pita

As I alluded to in yesterday's post, I had some fun in the kitchen last night and made something from scratch that I always wanted to try:  Pita Bread!

I used the recipe from The Mediterranean Dish website, and it was very easy.  I used the oven method, and they were delicious.  Our oven is a bit old so I added on some oven time after the first one, which is something I have to do with most recipes.


And yes, deviating from traditional Mediterranean fare, I had my first one with peanut butter! 🤣


The entire day was wonderful, actually.  I finally took in some clothes  to a tailor that I have wanted to repair for YEARS, had a great workout at the gym, steamed snow crab legs for dinner with my love and his son (and of course clarified the butter for dipping), and then tried my hand at the pita bread after we all chatted and listened to music after our meal.  A solid day.

The spouts are coming along very nicely as well, and I think this picture of them is very cool as you can see the baby sprouts just starting to poke out.  These are broccoli seeds, and each one is about the size of a medium pin head.  Hopefully I can start eating them in a couple of days!


Off to get dinner on the table!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pita Pita Pita

As I alluded to in yesterday's post, I had some fun in the kitchen last night and made something from scratch that I always wanted to tr...